Thank you for visiting us here at the Twin Peaks Church of Christ. Let us give you an idea of who we are and what to expect during your visit.
Who We Are
We are known as individuals, by the name of Christians only. As a congregation of Christians worshiping together we are known as a church of Christ. We belong to Jesus because He bought us with His blood (1 Corinthians 6:11,16,20). We belong to Jesus because we were baptized into Him (Galatians 3:26-27). Each of us accepts Jesus as being Lord and therefore by faith we are obedient to His commands and have been immersed in water understanding that baptism and repentance are necessary for the forgiveness of our sins (Acts 2:38).
What We Believe
We accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God. We believe that it is all that we need to be men and women of God who are considered by God to be righteous (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Because the scriptures teach that each congregation should be self-governing and under the oversight of elders within that congregation, we do not belong to any denomination (1 Peter 5:1-3)
You know many of us and you know that we have many shortcomings. The Bible tells us that we all sin and we all have shortcomings (Romans 3:23). For this reason we need Christ. He became the perfect sacrifice that paid for all our sins (2 Corinthians 5:21). Because He is the perfect sacrifice, we can come to God and have fellowship with God through Jesus (1 John 1:6-7).
Our common bond in Christ makes us brethren and we enjoy fellowship with one another. It is our desire that others have this same bond and fellowship (1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9). For this reason we preach the Gospel message each week and participate in a public worship that is open for anyone to attend.
We became Christians through investigation. We urge you to do the same! We are concerned that so many changes have been made by men that are not authorized by the Bible.
God’s word promises us that all men will be judged by that word one day (John 12:48). We urge you to make a careful investigation of God’s word and allow it to be the only authority and guide in religion.
When You Visit Us
You will be a respected and honored guest when you visit us. You will not be asked to contribute or donate money. In keeping with our effort to carefully follow the Bible, our worship consists only of those elements authorized by command or example in the New Testament:
- On Sunday, the first day of the week, we observe the Lord's Supper as a memorial of our Savior's death (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor. 11:24-26).
- We praise God and edify one another through a cappella singing (Colossians 3:16), and offer prayers of supplication and thanksgiving (1 Tim. 2:1-2).
- Through sermons we exhort one another to “continue steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine” (Acts 2:42).
- Only on Sunday do we take up a collection, and this is so members can give as they have purposed in their hearts (1 Cor. 16:1-2; 2 Cor. 9:7).
- Obedience to Jesus is taught at every service and an opportunity will be provided for any to obey Him in response to the Lord's invitation.
Throughout our service, two principles govern all that we do: “Let all things be done for edification...” (1 Cor. 14:25); “Let all things be done decently and in order...” (1 Cor. 14:40).
What Can We Offer You?
- We provide Bible teaching for all ages with Sunday and Wednesday classes. Since we only teach the word of God there is no need to be aware of or learn any creeds or manuals.
- We provide individual studies to anyone who requests them. There are many people who have a desire to study God’s word, but a public Bible class is intimidating to them. We understand this and offer private classes. These are held in your home at your convenience.
- We have a Vacation Bible School each year during the summer for children of all ages in the Denver area. These classes are fun and free to all.
- We also offer a number of special classes and seminars during the year that are always open to the public.
- If you are sick or in the hospital we would be glad to visit with you.
- We believe in serving the Lord and in serving you. We are always looking for opportunities to do both!